This is the first report about progress of my stock photography improvement plan.
October was the first full month when I used outsourcing for retouching. Also, I focused on production of photos specially for stock. Thus I didn’t loose time processing my random family/friends pictures for stock.
I must say I am quite happy that I decided to outsource. I easily produced 100 stock photos (which was my target for this year) and I feel that I can quite easily produce even more.
A positive side effect was improved acceptance rate. My acceptance rate at istock was around 75%, but in October it went up to ~98%. I believe it happened mainly because I didn’t spend time on non-stock photos; and didn’t experiment with processing/filters etc, making just straightforward adjustments and editing.
In October I had 2 stock photo sessions. In November I already had 1 and 1 in scheduled for this weekend.